Thursday, July 21, 2011

C25k - No more intervals

Well today was my last day of intervals in the Couch to 5k program - all long runs from here on out. This week was on day 1 did 5-8-5 minute jogs with three minute walks in between and today was two 10 minute jogs with a three minute walk in the middle. It has been really hot all week, so I've been trying to go as soon as I get up...which is only like 7:45 :) They're my days off, okay?
This morning I made it like a block further in 10 minutes then I did on Saturday for my turn around point for my 20 minute run, so that was good. And for the second 10 minutes I felt really tired and hot, but I went pretty much the same distance as the first half despite feeling so slow.
Saturday I have a 25 minute run, and then a week of 25s, a week of 28s, and a week of 30s and then the end. So I should finish on August 13th. The 5k for Wishes is at Grand Prairie on August 20th, so I'm still considering that as a cap to my Couch to 5k adventure...though I haven't actually committed to that by signing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment