Sunday, August 14, 2011

C25k - Not just jogging

I just finished Week 8 Day 2 - my second 28 minute run. And I gotta say, I'm starting to feel like a runner again. Not just someone jogging slightly faster than I can walk for short intervals, but like I'm actually out there running. And I don't feel like I'm going to die at any moment. It feels really good. My run Friday night and my run today both felt really good. Both times I did right around 2.9 miles in 28 minutes. Today felt a little harder since my route had some hills in it, but the hills are definitely good for me.
Friday was fun as I actually ran with some other people for the first time. Trisha and Natalie are working on the Couch to 5k as well and were on the last run for week 5 which is the first long run of 20 minutes. So we all did the warm up together and head off together. It was nice to have some others around and it was fun to see them conquer the first long run. And we went out for McDonald's smoothies afterwards :)

No comments:

Post a Comment