Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fall Semester Freezer Load-up Continued

Well with Brad out of town, I haven't really been cooking much for just me, so I decided to do a little more prep for some things in the freezer. Lawry's marinades were on sale for $0.88, so I grabbed two bottles and one of the super six pound packs of fresh chicken and came home and turned it into four meals for later. I was able to split it into 20 chicken breast halves and did two meals worth with the Tuscan Sun-dried tomato marinade and two meals worth with the Herb and garlic marinade.
I also made some chocolate chocolate chip cookies on Sunday night, and being the only one home, did not think it was probably a good plan to have too many of those laying around, so I froze two dozen cookies for when Shom comes over for dinner. And for Brad. :)
Our little jalapeno plant has also been producing peppers like crazy. Since the tomatillos aren't ready yet, I stemmed and seeded a bunch of peppers for salsa making later.
I need to make some freezer meals with some beef as I now have three meals with pork and like ten with chicken. I guess no-beef-wednesdays have kind of turned into no-beef-everydays.

No comments:

Post a Comment