Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Couch to 5k - Week 8 done!

Tonight I finished week 8 of the Couch to 5k program! Three 28 minute runs in the books. For the first time tonight at the recommendation of my facebook friends, I used the CardioTrainer app on my phone during my run. According to my phone I did 2.95 miles in 28:01. My first mile was 9:14 and my second mile was 9:44. So the next 0.95 miles would have been in 9:03. The route that I run in Pekin Country Club has two big (for me) hills during mile number 2, so that's definitely what happened there. The first mile and the last mile are completely flat. I know that I'm not actually running fast...but it feels fast. Maybe it just feels fast compared to the pace that I was running 9 weeks ago. I'm definitely running faster now. I know that speed is not really the goal, but it's kind of fun to go faster :) One of my goals at the beginning of this program was to be able to do a 5k in 30 minutes. So I am definitely on pace for being able to do that. I actually signed up for a 5k this week. No backing out now... There's a 5k at the Marigold Festival on September 10th. Brad is playing in the sand volleyball tournament that day so I knew we'd be down at the festival. So I'm going to do it. And I'm going to get a t-shirt. Maybe I'll even buy some shorts that stay up for the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment