Monday, August 8, 2011

Couch to 5k - Week 7 done! (Finally!)

It took a bit longer than it was supposed to, but week 7 is officially in the books! I did my last 25 minute run tonight and felt really good. It was humid but cool. This was the first time I actually got myself to go run after going to work. I've done all of my other runs first thing in the morning or on the weekend. But with school getting into full swing, I need a new plan. I have 8am classes everyday, and we all know that I am not going to be getting up early enough to run before an 8am class. So the evenings are going to have to become the new routine.
Not wanting to become roadkill on Sheridan Road, I grabbed one of Brad's reflector vests to wear. Now you may have noticed, Brad and I are not the same size. So this vest is much more Brad sized than Megan sized, but still did the job on helping me not get killed. It was like 8:15 when I headed out, so I knew that it would be pretty close to dark by the time I got back. So while the reflectors are good, perhaps I need to find something in my size for these evening outings. This is when sidewalks would be nice.
I also tried running with my phone for the first time tonight. B and I got new phones about a month ago with data and texting. So I now have pandora on my phone. So tonight I tried letting pandora pick my running tunes. It was on my jack johnson station, but put together a nice mix of jason mraz and gavin degraw which suited the run nicely.
I felt really good the whole time tonight and finally didn't feel slow like I have the past few runs. I felt like I could have gone longer, which is good because the next run moves up to 28 minutes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment