Sunday, August 14, 2011

Fall Semester Freezer Load-up

Well in one week the fall semester officially kicks off with the first day of classes. But pretty much, starting tomorrow summer is officially over. This week is the "celebration of learning" which really just translates to a lot of meetings that accomplish very little and some frantic last minute preparations for the first week. I do not feel very ready for the semester just yet and I'm really banking on some time this week to get some work done...hopefully half real work and half meetings.
The first couple weeks of the semester are always a little rough as we adjust to a new schedule, so I'm trying to get my freezer loaded up with some easy meals that don't take much planning or prep. I have been doing a few things here and there over the past couple weeks and did some cooking yesterday just for the freezer. I believe I have like 9 meals or at least partial meals in there now. We have:
-Two meals of chicken and black bean burritos
-Two meals of marinated pork chops (whenever I can get Lawry's marinades pretty cheap, I freeze four pork chops and half a bottle of marinade in a tupperware...then I just have to remember to put it in the fridge the night before or in the morning and these can get thrown on the grill)
-Three meals of chicken tortilla soup
-One meal of stromboli sandwiches (Brad refers to this as "the big sandwich". As it is, I only make a half recipe and I still freeze half of it.)
-One meal of shredded chicken tacos (I used some of my recently harvested peppers in with this meat as well as the meat for the burritos)
So hopefully this will get us through the crazy period at the beginning of the semester where I have to relearn how to go to work five days a week :) That teaching five days a week stuff really wears me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment