Thursday, July 14, 2011

C25k - New Long Run

Well today I had a new longest run - 8 minutes of jogging, twice actually! Today was 8 min jog, 5 min walk, 8 min jog, 5 min walk. It is much, much cooler today than it was on Tuesday which helped a lot. And while 8 minutes isn't super long, it's longer than 5 min which was the previous high, so that's still something.
Saturday, however, the plan calls for a 20 minute run. I think I may have to break out the iPod for that one. When I was doing short intervals, I used all my brain power to keep track of when to switch from jogging to walking and vice versa, that my brain didn't have time for much else. But now that the intervals are getting longer, my brain needs some kind of distraction. Or a buddy...anyone want to go for a 20 minute run on Saturday? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment