Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Thrifty Tuesday 7/19

Well it was a toasty day for standing around in people's garages. My partner in crime and I weren't really into it today with the high temps, so we were going to hit an "estate sale" at the optimist club since it is air conditioned and then go out for lunch. We went to the estate sale and really didn't see much of anything so we headed to Steak 'n' Shake for some shakes and turkey clubs. When I went to go home, I got sucked into a garage sale as I was driving past. And once I stopped at one I couldn't control myself and hit like 10 more :) It was ridiculously hot to be garage sale-ing and I definitely was dripping with sweat. But every time I left one there was another pretty close so they just kept drawing me in. I only spent 70 cents. I bought a set of replacement wicks for our tiki torches for 10 cents, a kids bible song three cd set for 50 cents (though one of the cds is missing and in its place is a women's country karaoke cd), and a neoprene water bottle holder that snaps onto your lunch box. Nothing real exciting. There was one girl about my age that had some cute clothes that were all banana republic and express, but I was having trouble focusing with sweat running down my nose, so I passed on those. Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment