Tuesday, July 12, 2011

C25k - Steamy week 5

Well if how bad you smell is an indication of how hard you worked, man did I work hard this morning. I felt reaaallllyy slow and it is reaaallllyy hot and humid out. Apparently 8am is not an early enough start time on these central illinois july days.
But either way, I got week 5 day 1 done - three sets of jog five minutes, walk three minutes. I guess as long as I'm still jogging, it really doesn't matter what speed I'm going. I think my secret goal is that I would like to be able to run three miles in 30 minutes at the end of this, but really my more realistic goal is that I just want to run for 30 minutes.
The one down side to my Tuesday morning runs is that Tuesday is garbage day here in the neighborhood. So everyone has hot, stinky garbage sitting at the end of their driveway as I run past over and over again (I'm still just doing loops in country club). But the garbage man doesn't come until close to 10, and by then it would be REAAALLLLYY hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment