Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cool Kitchen Cooking

On my off days from school I'm frequently in the mood to spend some time in the kitchen, but I really didn't want to have the oven going much this week. I'm pretty psyched about dinner tonight. We're having french dip sandwiches, salad from our garden with homemade strawberry poppy seed vinaigrette dressing, and scotcharoos. The beef has been going all day in the crockpot and smells pretty tasty. And it's a lot of beef so I'm hoping to get some tacos out of it another night this week and have some still to put in the freezer.
I came across this website "Our Best Bites" when looking at some of the linked recipes on Once A Month Mom. They had included the french dip sandwiches in their monthly freezer cooking plan. Our Best Bites seems to have a lot of good recipes - a lot of stuff that sounds like what we like to eat.
I'll post an update on how everything tastes later!

Update: Everything was fantastic! The sandwiches were really good...I think broiling the buns to give them a little crunch and melt some cheese really was the winning touch. The salad dressing went great with the fresh greens. Awesome meal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment