Friday, July 22, 2011

I Heart School Supplies

I've had a love for school supplies since I was pretty little. The two best parts of a new school year were always: 1) Riding our bikes up to Lincoln School when they would post class lists to see who your teacher was and who was in your class and 2) Going to Farm & Fleet or Kmart to buy school supplies. There is just something about that perfect set of crayons and that blank notebook. Picking out the colors for your folders and pencils. I don't know. Because I still love it - I love picking out a planner at the beginning of a new school year (even if I'm not great about using them...) and finding some fun colored pens for doing my work.
So I was excited last Sunday when they said at church that they were collecting school supplies for the elementary schools in East Peoria. The bulletin said there was more details at the information table - so I made a bee line for the info table after church. They had four different lists that you could take, so naturally I took one of each :) So today I went to Walmart (with my ads for walgreens, menards, and kroger...my pricematching doesn't stop with groceries) and bought supplies for two students. This whole deal would be even more if they would just let me take two kids to walmart so they could get the colors they want on everything :) So I got markers, colored pencils, crayons, watercolors, scissors, glue sticks, and glue for some fantastic art time at school. A basic calculator, ruler, pencils, and erasers for learning some math. Notebooks, folders, and paper to record it all. And a green pencil box to keep everything neat and tidy. I hope these kids have as much fun with it as I did :)

1 comment:

  1. That does sound like fun. There is something special about new school supplies and the start of a new year.

    ReplyDelete