Wednesday, July 13, 2011

French Dips - Round 2

So tonight for dinner we ate exactly the same thing that we has last night, which is pretty rare at our house. But the salad with strawberry dressing, french dips and scotacharoos were so good last night, how could you go wrong?
I decided that the part of these sandwiches that makes them so good is the melted cheese and crunchy bun from putting them under the broiler. The meat is very good, but I don't know that it is any better than the other crock put (edit: make that crock pot, I'm not sure what a crock put would do) shredded beef I have made. But I never did that extra step of putting the sandwiches open face under the broiler and melting the cheese and browning the buns. Totally makes all the difference.
And there's still some more meat in the fridge to have beef tacos tomorrow night. So my 3.5lb roast got us three meals which makes it a pretty good deal and some easy cooking for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment