Sunday, July 10, 2011

Couch to 5k - Week 4 done!

Well this one took a little longer then the first three, but week four is officially done! I did the work out once last week, then took a week off when I wasn't feeling well, and did the workout three more times this week. This week was 3 min jog, 90 sec walk, 5 min jog, 2:30 walk and then repeat all of that. So 16 minutes of jogging total. Today I ran on a treadmill for the first time in my five week battle (yes, that's right, battle). I didn't get out there this morning before church and this afternoon it was 90 degrees and humid, so I went up to my in-laws' house and ran inside on their treadmill. Running on a treadmill is definitely a different experience - though I kind of liked having a fixed pace kept for me and it was nice to find out what pace I've actually been running at. In my 30 minutes of jogging and walking I covered ~2.2 miles and my jogging pace is at about an 11 minute mile.
This next week stretches out the intervals in the first two workouts (three five minute runs on day 1 and two eight minute runs on day 2) and then ends the week with the first long run of 20 minutes. So next weekend I should make a better plan and get out there when it is nice and cool for my first long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment